Thursday 8 March 2012

Crystals are a girl's best friend

the face shop BK901 black nail polish, australis crystal colour top coat

I lie, when I said crystals are a girl's best friend but hey these flakies try their best.
Dearie, these flakes look bland in the bottle but on coloured nails they turn shiny, shiny colours in the sun!
Depending on their properties, you can get flakes that come in one type of colour or multiple colours (like the Australis one I bought). 
You can tell I'm an ozzie ozzie ozzie by my use of u in "colour".

I really wanted to try a colourful holographic flake top coat and picked up an Australis crystal colour top coat (RRP $8.95AUD). I actually got them for $6 at Big W. I'm a penny pincher! A friend told me it looks like nail polish vomit but I feel it reminds me of a show I used to watch as a kid called "Art Attack". Whatever you call it, here's some places to get your own splash of colour. 

Australian market alternatives:
International market alternatives:
  • Nubar in 2010
  • Finger paints - special effects range
  • Sally hansen in hidden treasure (discontinued-try ebay)
  • Zoya 2012 fleck holographic





No comments:

Post a Comment