Thursday 24 May 2012

Love from Hong Kong (swap)



 

It was another bleak Autumn day but a box on my door step from Hong Kong brought a smile to my face. 
I contacted Jacq after following her beauty blog and was jealous of the amazing products she reviewed and had access to in Hong Kong. 


Even though it was my first swap, she kindly answered all my long winded, noobie questions. I requested for a custom Shu uemura blush order and basically anything nail, blush or lip related. Jacq went out of her way to find me these products that weren't accessible in Australia based on my general preferences. 




First off, 15 NAIL POLISHES! 15! When I unravelled these from their packaging, I was salivating. I didn't know it was a possible reaction to chemical colouring, but I proved that. How gorgeous are all these colours? I have no idea what to wear first! 


EOS lip balms in limited edition passion fruit, strawberry sorbet and medicated tangerine. I was always intrigued by these American lip balms but of course Australia doesn't stock these in stores. I was happy to get the chance to try these. I've only used the passion fruit but I'm hooked. 




I requested the Koji eyelash curler in No. 73. I've heard it is better for asian eyes compared to the Shu Uemura one. Jacq included a variety of powder eyeshadows for me from Benefit, Colour combo, L'oreal and Sleek. 



Mentholatum tinted water colour lip balm in PK03 Fantasy Pink and PK02 Dancing Pink. This is what I hoped the revlon lip butters would be like. These colours go on smooth and pigmented but still looking natural. 


Last but not least three blushes. Canmake cream blush in Number 1 plus two shu uemura blushes in matte pink 345 and soft matte apricot 521. Oh the joy! Can't wait to review items in more depth. If you would like a particular item reviewed, comment below.

My first amazing swap and I was lucky to get a generous swapper like Jacq. You can read Jacq's post of the items she received from me here and give her blog - Beauty Sketch a perusal too.

xoxo
Looking forward to visiting HK,
nana

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow you're so lucky, love the look of those nail polishes! I also have an EOS lip balm and they are amazing! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure am, haha and which EOS do you have? I've been wanting to try more flavours.

      Delete